Hello my loves, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! With the New Year approaching, I decided to make a list of the best beauty hits from the past year. So many new trends, brands and products rose to prominence, so I've had so much fun gathering a list of my must haves from the past year.
1. A notable breakout brand of 2016 was Kylie Cosmetics. Kylie released her first lip kits in late 2015, but this year, she extended her brand to eyeshadow palettes, eyeliner, and some amazing limited edition collections. Some of my personal favorites are Dolce K, Mary Jo K, and the Burgundy Palette.
2. High end false lashes are one of my favorite kinds of beauty products. They are more durable and long-lasting than drugstore falsies. Beauty blogger Huda Kattan released a gorgeous line of lashes this year, that come in different volumes and styles. Huda's Scarlett lash is one of my essentials for dance performances!
3. One of this year's most talked about beauty collaborations was MAC x Selena. The line originally dropped in the beginning of October, but demand was so high that the next restock did not happen until the end of December! The collection featured beautiful red lipstick, unique eyeshadows, and other lovely pieces inspired by the late Selena Quintanilla. Stayed tuned for a makeup look using some of these products. :)
4. A brand I finally got around to trying this year was Colour Pop. They are affordable and cruelty free, and they make gorgeous highlighters, liquid lipsticks, eyeshadows and more. Among the products I tried were the famous highlighter "Lunch Money", the essential black liner "Swerve", and the "Bangin Brunette" brow pencil, as well as others. Colour Pop makes high quality products for a good price, so go ahead and splurge!
5. Finding the right makeup brushes can be a challenge, especially when you're on a budget. Elf Cosmetics brushes recently became cruelty free, and they are available at many drugstores for an affordable price. For applying liquid foundation, I've loved using the Ultimate Blending Brush during the past year, and I hope to try some of Elf's eyeshadow brushes soon.
Those are some of my favorite brands and products of 2016! My next post will likely be in 2017, so I hope you lovely babes have an amazing New Year!